“Dalai Lama Renaissance” Film Trailer:
Coinciding with the Dalai Lama’s 2012 Summer European visit, Dalai Lama Renaissance (narrated by Harrison Ford) and Director Khashyar Darvich travel to the United Kingdom and Europe for an 8 week screening and Director Q&A tour May-July 2012
EUROPE – Can an award-winning film that presents the Dalai Lama’s transformational wisdom in action truly change audiences who watch it? How can the Dalai Lama’s message of compassion lead to a “Quantum Leap” from the head to the heart?
After 12 film festival awards, thousands of screenings around the world, and hundreds of inspiring filmmaker Q&A’s, audiences this summer in the UK and Europe will experience those answers for themselves, as the Dalai Lama Renaissance Documentary Film and its director Khashyar Darvich travel to the UK and Europe in May 2012 to begin an 8 week UK and European screening and Director Q&A tour, in conjunction with His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s visits and teachings in Europe.
Previous organizers of the Dalai Lama’s visits the United States, Canada and around the world have invited Dalai Lama Renaissance and Director Darvich to appear at their events, and their audiences have commented that they have been moved by the experience.
Featuring the Dalai Lama, and narrated by actor Harrison Ford, the film tells the story of 40 Western innovative thinkers who travel to the Himalayan Mountains of India to meet with the Dalai Lama to solve many of the world’s problems. What happened was powerful and unexpected, and was captured by a five camera, 18 person crew.
The film features two of the starring quantum physicists from the hit theatrical documentary What the Bleep Do We Know, Fred Alan Wolf and Amit Goswami. Also appearing in Dalai Lama Renaissance are Michael Beckwith (who appears in The Secret), radio host and author Thom Hartmann, revolutionary social scientist Jean Houston, Vandana Shiva (social activist, The Corporation), and other prominent thinkers.
Amy Wong of LA Yoga Magazine writes: “it is a stunning tour-de-force [and an] intimate glimpse into the Dalai Lama’s life.”
Film Critic John Griffin of the Montreal Gazette calls Dalai Lama Renaissance “a provocative, even enlightening film… fascinating, ravishingly beautiful and sonically soothing.”
Film Threat Magazine’s Rick Kisonak said Dalai Lama Renaissance is a “comedy sensation,” adding, “I can’t remember the last time a movie made me laugh so hard.”
Audiences around the world have shared that the film screening and Q&A by Director Khashyar Darvich is more like a transformational event than just a film screening.
“Be prepared to leave the Dalai Lama Renaissance event a different person than when you first arrived,” commented Debbie from a screening during the film’s Australian’s tour. “I was thoroughly inspired by both the film and Khashyar Darvich’s Q&A.”
“I look forward to traveling to the United Kingdom and Europe,” says Director Khashyar Darvich, “to share the film with European audiences, as well as speaking with them about the inner journey of personal transformation, in the presence of the Dalai Lama, that was captured in the film.”
Dalai Lama Renaissance has screened in cinemas in several countries around the world, and will screen during the European tour in English, as well as subtitled in French, Italian and Spanish.
The current film tour schedule includes:
- June 6th – Stirling – Macrobert Cinema
- June 7th – Dumfries – Robert Burns Centre Film Theatre
- June 9th – Findhorn – Findhorn Universal Hall
- June 10 – Bo’ness – Hippodrome
- June 10 – Glasgow – GFT Cinema
- June 11 – Inverness – Eden Court Cinemas
- June 12 – Edinburgh – Dominion Cinema
- June 12 – Dundee – Dundee Contemporary Arts
- June 22 – Bristol – Hamilton House
- June 25 – Glastonbury
- June 29 – Kenmare – Venue: Carnegie Arts Centre
- July 1 – Cork – Venue: Triskel Arts Cetre
- July 2 – Ennis – Venue: Old Ground Hotel
- July 3 – Carrick-on-Shannon – Venue: The Dock
- July 4 – Sligo – Venue: The Model
- July 5 – Belfast – Venue: The MAC
- July 6 – Dublin – Venue: Wynn’s Hotel, Dublin 2
- July 7 – London – Jamyang Buddhist Centre – The Old Courthouse
- July 8 – London – Jamyang Buddhist Centre – The Old Courthouse
- July 15 – York – City Screen Picturehouse
- July 17 – Wexford – Wexford Arts Centre
- July 18 – Birr – Birr Theatre & Arts Centre
- July 20 – Bray – Mermaid Arts Centre
- July 23 – Newcastle - Tyneside Cinema
- July 25 – Derbyshire – Gothic Warehouse, Mill Lane, Cromford
- July 29 – Chichester – Chichester Cinema at New Park
- July 30 – Oxford - Phoenix Picturehouse
You may watch the trailer for the film, at: www.DalaiLamaFilm.com, or on the film's Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/DalaiLamaFilm
If you are interested in hosting a film screening and Director Q&A, or know of a cinema or organization that might be interested in hosting a film screening event, please contact Wakan Films at: Bookings (at) DalaiLamaFilm (dot) com.
We are currently booking Sneak Preview Screenings and our 2014 UK-Ireland Q&A Tour
You must be logged in to post a comment.